Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tomato and Mozzarella

This is a simpler version of an authentic Italian recipe. Having 2 picky eaters in the house  sometimes have to do my own versions. This is one. I made this one weekend my stepson was here for a visit and he has asked me every visit since to please make this for him (insert BIG smile)


Tomatoes (sliced they can be red, green, orange, yellow, your choice)
Fresh Mozzarella (sliced)
Italian Seasonings
Salt (a dash before serving)
EVOO
Balsamic Vinegar


Simply place the sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet (I line mine with foil for easy cleanup). Then place a slice of fresh mozzarella on top of each slice. You can stack different colored tomatoes and mozzarella. I have tried that it just seemed to slip a bit during cooking. Bake at 400 for about 10mins. Then add a dash of the Italian Seasoning to the top of each and plate them. In a bowl mix even parts of EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar and whisk really hard and pour over the top. Before serving I add a dash of salt just for a bit of extra flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment