Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Loaded Potatoes

This is a recipe I have been using for over 10yrs. Usually it is all prepped wrapped in foil that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Then placed on the rack alongside whatever we happen to grill. This is a 2nd option to the way I am about to post as I have been sick and cooking it inside was easier for me. Either way its a very enjoyable recipe. I am surprised even my picky eaters eat it I use a purple/red onion as I have one child who cannot be fooled and the onions must be fished out of anything she eats. Once again the purple/red onion just makes it easier for me to pick it out. It tastes the same no matter what onion you choose.


1 large onion chopped

4 large potatoes (I find that pre cooking them in the microwave is easy and less time consuming) Skin then dice the potatoes

Italian Seasonings (I used dried off my spice rack)

1/4 cup of butter (chopped into chunks)

1 clove of garlic (chopped)

a few maybe 6 chunks of Queso cheese

EVOO

optional ingredients would be sour cream and bacon bits


Coat your frying pan with a nice amount of EVOO and add onion and garlic. I add the potato one at a time as I am usually already starting the onion as I am skinning the potato. Sprinkle the Italian seasonings over the top and simply fry up the mixture. I like to mash them down and get them a little extra brown and crispy. If you find they are sticking to your pan to much simply move half the mixture to the side and add a bit more EVOO. Fry them up as you wish. When done add the chunks of cheese and the butter to the top and cover about 10 mins. Give it a nice stir to mix in the butter and cheese add salt to taste and enjoy.
Before serving if you choose add your optional ingredients to make it a lil extra yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment