Saturday, February 9, 2013

Imposter Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

I gotta admit I had my doubts trying this recipe but was very pleasantly surprised that they actually taste exactly the same. It is so simple and can be molded into any shape you choose I was even thinking that this could be molded into a cake shape then covered with the chocolate for any Reese's lover!

1 jar 16oz of Creamy Peanut Butter (I bought store brand which was cheap 2 for 3$)

1 stick of Butter (sliced into tablespoons and divided into a pile of 5 and another of 3)
1/2 box of Bakers Chocolate (unsweetened you will only need 4 squares 1/2 box)

4 Tablespoons of Milk

4 1/2 cups of Confectioners Sugar
I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer (with dough hook attached) to mix but I am sure you could use a bowl and spoon or a food processor.  Add jar of Peanut Butter to bowl with the Confectioners Sugar and 5 tablespoons of melted Butter. Mix and add Tablespoons of Milk one at a time til it looks something like play dough (3minutes in Mixer)

You can now mold by hand into any shape you choose. I attempted an egg shape but next time may use a cookie cutter to shape or try to mold into an actual cake.
After shaping place on to cookie sheet and freeze for approximately an hour. Now we will melt our chocolate squares with the 3 tablespoons of butter on a low heat stirring constantly. If chocolate is thick add an additional 2 tablespoons of butter. I then simply used tongs to dip each shape and flip to cover in chocolate. Then place back on the cookie sheet. Novice cookers may prefer to set wax paper under them. After all are covered in chocolate place in refrigerator for about an hour to harden chocolate. I did not use wax paper I simply used a sturdy spatula to remove once hardened. Then placed them on a serving tray or plate, store in refrigerator til serving. Enjoy and get creative! My first batch I wasn't worried about the presentation. Now that I know how great they are I will work on that. You could even melt some white chocolate, add food coloring and decorate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment