Sunday, December 19, 2010

What a day!

Today was interesting in terms of progress on my blog. When I started thinking about doing a food blog I chose to go ahead and set up my blog hosting with Wordpress.com because I was somewhat familiar with the site. Once I started blogging my whistle stop2recipes I started to see some issues with my goals being met by Wordpress. I started looking around at some of my friend’s blogs like: Justine0520 here on blogspot.com. I noticed that her page had some really great features; not the least of which was the ability to customize to a greater extent than offered on any other site I looked at! Justine’s mommy blog is great and a lot of fun, her stories, pictures of Bella, and musings on life bring a smile to my face whenever I visit; which I find I am doing more and more often! (PLEASE go see her great work at http://justine0520.blogspot.com/ )

I decided after a long insomnia, sleep deprived, and headache ridden night that I would move my blog over to Blogger.insomnia Then I began the process of customizing and familiarizing myself with the different features available. In one afternoon I taught myself how to build a “grab button” and a custom header using a photo layering software. (Think Photoshop, but for broke students like myself. HA!) I worked out adding and editing HTML codes on my page and successfully added Google ads. I am so stinking proud of myself at this moment I can barely sit still! Though I am exhausted I don’t know if I will be able to slow my mind down long enough to sleep tonight! There is so much I am looking forward to accomplishing and writing about. I cannot wait to share it all with you! Naturally I will take any requests or questions you may have. Please feel free to comment or email me. I appreciate your patience with me while I figure out the blogging “ropes”.

No comments:

Post a Comment