Monday, December 20, 2010

The best Peanut Butter cookies I have ever tasted!

 

Being a little under the weather, I did not cook today so I decided to share a recipe that is not mine. However, this recipe is one of my favorites! I wish I could take credit for it because it is quite honestly wonderful! These cookies are perfect for those times you are craving peanut butter, need to wow people for a party, or want to give a great peanut buttery cookie gift.290px-PeanutButter

These cookies won Carolyn Gurtz the 43rd Pillsbury Bake Off. I saw coverage of the event on Food Network and decided to try them myself. I call the Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies. (Ms. Gurtz, won one million dollars in the Bake Off) The recipe is quick and easy because it uses a prepared roll of Pillsbury peanut butter cookie dough, though if you want to use your own recipe for peanut butter cookie dough you could. To change it up you could use a chocolate cookie dough! I don’t crave peanut butter that often; these cookies hit the spot though.

Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies

¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped

¼ cup granulated sugar

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Jif)

½ cup powdered sugar

1 roll (16.5 oz.) Pillsbury peanut butter cookie dough, well chilled (you could use your favorite prepared peanut butter cookie dough)

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit

milliondollar2-250x250

Make filling:

In small bowl, mix chopped nuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In another small bowl stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1 inch) balls.

Form cookies:

Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half to make 24 slices, flatten slightly. Shape one cookie dough piece around 1 ball of filling. Roll each covered ball in peanut, cinnamon, and sugar mixture; pat lightly to secure peanuts. Place balls of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten balls to ½ inch thickness. Bake in preheated oven 7 to 12 minutes, or until edges are browned.

Pour yourself a tall glass of milk, dunk if you like (I love to dunk these cookies!) and enjoy these great cookies! Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Totally trying these! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome! They are great! One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete