Monday, February 4, 2013

Tamales ~Homemade Authentic part 2 of 3

Now that our sauce is ready its time to get started on our fillings and get our corn husks soaking! I found that using a large baking pan works best for me.

Simply divide and cover with some hot water. I give them a flip every now and then to make sure they all soak well.
Now we can work on our fillings I personally enjoy the Beef best! Feel free to use Beef, Pork, or Chicken (boneless Skinless Breasts work best) Remember my recipe is bulk!

Large Beef Roast
Large Pork Roast
 8-10 Boneless Chicken Breasts (boiled up in some Chicken Stock then shredded)

2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and separated)

You can bake the roasts I like to cut slits in them and stuff with garlic. Bake until very tender or cook them up in a crock pot whichever is easiest for yourself. Then cool and shred. I find that my Kitchen Aid Mixer shreds meat so easily I cant believe I actually used to do it by hand! Separate into bowls and add lots of the Red Chile Sauce (see part1) Since this is my day 2 I like to leave a bunch of sauce at the top of each container before refrigerating til the next day as the meat really absorbs the sauce overnight.






No comments:

Post a Comment