Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Steak with Veggies and Red Sauce

This was something I just threw together the other night. It could be a recipe somewhere I don't know but it was all in my head and my family loved it! They asked why I never made it before.


Round Steak (cut into serving size pieces)

Red Sauce (recipe is posted in an earlier Blog I make it and can it)

Yellow Squash

Zucchini

1 Large onion

1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper

EVOO

Balsamic Vinegar

Simply take a large fryer pan add EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar and cook the steaks about 5mins each side. Add in the red sauce and the veggies and about a cup of water. Cover and cook for about 35-40 mins. Making sure to stir and flip the steaks over often so as not to burn. I cooked it on a medium flame. After the 35 -40 mins the steak was tender enough to cut with a fork and the water had cooked out of the sauce leaving a nice thick chunky sauce. It would be great served with pasta or rice! I however served it with a side of mashed potatoes and an Italian Salad for my picky eaters. This was another simple and delicious, healthy, home cooked meal with very little prep and cleanup.

No comments:

Post a Comment