In the interest of sticking to my New Year’s resolution to work off some weight, I gained after a hospital stay this summer, I will now be working to feature some more healthy alternatives. That is not to say I will stop giving you real food. What I am saying is that there will likely be more healthy options presented for desserts. I typically present to you exactly what I am feeding myself and my family, and as I have stated before I firmly believe in quality not quantity. The key is moderation, so have no fear that I will not feature any more delicious sinful recipes. When it comes to “diet food” if doesn’t taste good I won’t eat it. (I have the greatest recipe for White Chocolate Cheesecake that is zero fat!) My sweet tooth is pretty big and cannot be ignored!
In the spirit of my effort I will try and remember to include “Points” on my recipes and serving sizes. I will also try and swallow my pride and keep you informed of my progress; I am going on my great adventure to Italy in May and my goal is to look fabulous by then! Blogging will resume this week but to tide you over I will share with you a great recipe from one of my fellow food bloggers. Her blog is called The Blog is the New Black, and I absolutely love her! (She is also way better at taking pictures of her food, I am inspired to keep working on my photos because of her!) Please check her out! This recipe is amazing!
30 Minute Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1.5 T canola oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. If needed, pound the breasts with a meat mallet until thin.
- Combine the flour, paprika and sea salt in a shallow dish. Coat each chicken breast in the mixture and toss until coated completely.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Place each chicken breast in the oil and brown on both sides. Remove chicken breasts and keep warm on a plate.
- Pour the lemon juice in the pan to deglaze. Place chicken breasts in a casserole dish and cover with juice. Top with brown sugar and lemon zest.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165.